Jaw-dropping historical sites, romantic cities, magical Christmas markets, mouth-watering food... Europe has it all and more. No matter where you're heading in the Euro zone, you'll need to make sure you take enough Euros with you to be able to take it all in. Luckily for you, at Travel Money USA we specialise in making sure you do just that!
You only need Euros in Euro zone countries - 19 of the 28 member states of the European Union. So, if you plan to travel to Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia or Spain, then make sure you get your Euros sorted before you go! Euros are also used by 4 other European countries - Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City, and a number of overseas territories of the EU members.
As you travel throughout the Euro zone, you will be able to use your Euros in each member country without hassle.
Did you know? EUR Currency Facts
- France was the first country to produce euro coins and is among Europe's biggest user of them. Bravo France!
- The Euro is used by some 7 million Europeans (as of 2015), while 210 million people (as of 2013) use currencies pegged to the euro. That's a LOT of euro's!
- The euro is managed and administered by the Frankfurt-based European Central Bank (ECB)
- The euro was introduced in Lithuania on 1 January 2015 when it became the 19th member of the Euro zone.
- A groove was added to the edge of the 2c euro coin to differentiate it from the 1c and 5c coins. This means that someone that is blind can tell the difference of the coins by feel.