Crikey! Need some Australian dollars for your trip Down Under? Or do you have Aussie cash you want to exchange for USD? Either way you're in luck, because at Travel Money USA you can buy or sell Aussie dollars at the best exchange rate against the USD.
The AUD is not only the currency of Australia, but also of Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Norfolk Island and the Pacific Island states of Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu - so if you're heading to any of these places down the road, change your US bucks for some Aussie bucks before you go!
To buy or sell your AUD, just visit instore or contact us for today's exchange rate.
Did you know? AUD Currency Facts
- In 1966, the Australian dollar was introduced - replacing the previously used Australian pound
- The Aussie dollar was initially called the "royal" but the name was not true blue!
- Australia was the first country in the world to have their banknotes made from polymer
- Bronze 1c and 2c coins were removed from circulation in 1992
- They were melted down and used to create the bronze medals awarded in the 2000 Sydney Olympics